bookshelves: autobiography-memoir, fradio, lifestyles-deathstyles, nonfiction, autumn-2013, radio-4, published-2013, amusing, doo-lally
Recommended for: Laura, Carey, Wanda, Jema et al
Read from October 19 to 25, 2013
Award-winning comedian Jennifer Saunders reads her funny, honest and touching memoir.
BBC blurb: Award winning comedian Jennifer Saunders reads her funny, honest and touching memoir. Jennifer Saunders has been making us laugh for three decades, and is best known for the long running sketch show French and Saunders which she co-wrote and starred in with her comedy partner, Dawn French. She is perhaps best known for creating, the worldwide hit Absolutely Fabulous and playing champagne swilling, Edina Monsoon. In Bonkers: My Life in Laughs she recollects a life filled with laughter and the occasional bit of heartache, but very little misery.
Jennifer Saunders has won three BAFTAs (including the Bafta Fellowship), an International Emmy, a British Comedy Award, a Rose d'Or, two Writers' Guild Awards and a People's Choice Award.
Abridged by Richard Hamilton. Produced by Elizabeth Allard.
1. From the Comic Strip to Absolutely Fabulous, Jennifer Saunders's creations have been making us laugh for three decades. And now she reads her funny, honest and touching memoir.
2. It is 1981, and life on the comedy circuit begins.
3. It is 1991, and Absolutely Fabulous is about to hit British TV screens.
4. Jennifer Saunders heads off to India, to write a screenplay with Ruby Wax.
5. Jennifer Saunders recounts a final tour with Dawn and some unexpected news.Five Go Mad in Dorset