bettie

Bettie's Books

Uncle John's Endlessly Engrossing Bathroom Reader - Bathroom Readers' Institute Engrossing Snippets:•World’s largest butterfly: the Queen Alexandra’s birdwing from New Guinea, with a wingspan of 11 inches.---•Due to a birth defect, a Swedish police officer’s right leg was slightly longer than his left leg. So in 2008, he found a surgeon who agreed to shorten the right one so that his legs would be equal. But the surgery was botched: The knee joint was put back in the wrong position, and one of the screws they used to hold the joint together came loose. During a second surgery, the doctor discovered another problem with the first surgery, which required a third one. That one was slightly botched, too, requiring a fourth. Each time, the surgeon had to take a little more off of the patient’s right leg—which had been two and a half centimeters longer than the left. Now it’s five centimeters shorter than the left.---•Caller: I’m having a problem with my mouse. It’s squeaking.Tech: I’m sorry, did you say squeaking?Caller: That’s right. The fasterI move it across the screen, the louder it squeaks.Tech: Are you pressing your mouse up against the screen?Caller: Well, sure! The message says, “Click here to continue."