bettie

Bettie's Books

101 Reykjavik - Hallgrimur Helgason Opening sentence: Anyway.↑snortReal reviewers would probably call this 'baggy' and intimate its overall worth, and for some reason it kept me all the way to the end; maybe because it was a bedside read. Will watch the film when I get it, yet it would be unfair to recommend the read.Not a patch on 'housecleaning'★★★★½ The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning★★½ 101 ReykjavikI had another version of this book open at the same time, so have imported comments from there, and then deleted that review because it makes me look as if I'm gaming the book numbers:message 1: by Karen15 hours, 50 min agoThe Old Lady fell right off the bed in the middle of her book. I see what he's doing, but it doesn't make for a pleasant ride.message 2: by Bettie - rated it 2 stars15 hours, 42 min agoWill still want a tilt at the Old Lady when she comes my way.He should have just stuck with darkly amusing a la Housecleaning - really enjoyed that!